Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Diagnosed

We have spent the last few days traveling from the emergency room, to the doctor, to the internet looking for homemade remedies. Our youngest son has been having chest pain, severe chest pain. So much so that he has been asking us if he's going to die. We have reassured him that he will be fine, we will figure out what is wrong, and everything will go back to normal.

So, after the doctor explained what was wrong today and prescribed him some medicine, his stress level has decreased. When we got home I said, "Son, I told you the doctor would say everything was okay." "Mama," he said, "you're not a doctor, so I needed to hear it from her." WOW!! Interesting how we have to hear things from certain peoepl to believe it.

Today's blog message is real simple...listen to the Master physician, the Great teacher. The enemy wants you to listen to all the wrong people. Stand against that and committ to spending time with God everyday, just listening. He wants to bless us, He wants to speak to us but we're always so busy asking Him for things that we can't HEAR from Him. Stop and Listen...that's why we have 2 ears and 1 mouth...to listen more than we speak!!

Dear God,
Thank you for giving me a spirit of listening. Lord I love talking, and I thank You for blessing me with a personality. But God help me to learn to listen more. I want to hear from You daily. Help me recognize Your voice. I pray for the Holy Spirit to stir inside me so I can always feel Your presence. I need God moments all day. Help me to be more like You and may You get all the glory.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment