Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy Lives

Up at 5:00 am to drink my coffee and spend time with God, 6:00 am kids wake and begin the morning routine which includes brushing teeth, eating breakfast, and getting dressed, 7:00 am leaving home for a 7:30 meeting at school (somewhere in between the God time and kids' routine, I managed to get dressed). 8:15-4:15 make a difference in as many lives as possible while teaching the basics of Reading and Writing at the same time. 4:30 leave straight from work and head to grad school. Class from 5:30-8:30. Bust it home to see the kids before they go to bed and to spend some time with my wondeful husband (who has supervised homework, cooked dinner, and made sure everyone got a shower). 9:00 do some homework, 9:30 blog, and finally, go to bed.

REPEAT PROCESS BEGINNING AT 5AM.

Ever wonder how we manage to pack so much into our day? I believe if God had made a day to be 48 hours, we would somehow figure out a way to stay busy. People often say, "how do you do so much?" My answer is, "I think it's a blessing that I am ABLE to do so much." Idle hands (when you have free time on your hands) get in trouble. Now, don't get me wrong, don't ask me to do anything on Saturday. I think we all need a "recharge" day. God gives us talents to use, goals to reach, and people to help....BUT He doesn't want us to get so busy that we miss the point. Through all of my acitvities, I am constantly talking to God. Praying that He will direct my next step, that He will get the glory, and that people would see less of me and more of Him. So, if you're bored....get busy. If you're too busy...be still and meet with God, He's been waiting on you.

Dear God,
Thank you for blessing me with health and energy to accomplish all You have placed in my heart. Thank you for giving me talents and goals in life. I pray that I would never lose sight of the big picture. I pray that I would never get so busy that I don't have time for You. Please help me prioritize my life, keeping You at the forefront. Thank you for my husband, who steps in while I am pursuing my goals, and makes sure our kids are taken care of. Bless our family, send your mercy and grace to us. We adore you, we are passionate for You, we want to walk beside you so reign in our lives.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment